We are delighted to announce that, as part of our brand new Online Writers’ Day, which will be held in March 2021, we will be running our popular TLC Pen Factor Writing Competition once again!
The prize bundle this year is worth £2,000 and we’re very grateful to our wonderful prize partners for their generous support. To be in with a chance of winning, you need a ticket to our Online Writers’ Day.
The Submission Window for the compeition is OPEN and the deadline for the 2021 TLC Pen Factor Writing Competition will be 9am (GMT), February 16th 2021, so buy your ticket and get your submission ready soon, so as not to miss out!
More information on the 2021 prize, judging panel, and prize partners below…
TLC Pen Factor Writing Competition 2021
Submit your unpublished writing to the TLC Pen Factor Writing Competition for the chance to have it land on an industry specialists’ desk, and to win a suite of prizes. We will select a long and shortlist to send to our in-dustry judges, who will deliberate at a judges’ meeting ahead of the Online Writers’ Day. A winner will be announced at the event.
We are very pleased to announce our TLC Pen Factor judges for 2021: Ailah Ahmed (Little, Brown), Hattie Grünewald (The Blair Partnership), Davinia Andrew-Lynch (ANDLYN), and Leslie Gardner (Artellus).
All Online Writers’ Day ticket-holders are eligible to enter their unpublished writing into the TLC Pen Factor Writing Competition.
Due to the generous support of TLC Pen Factor partners, we were able to offer the following prize package, to the winner of the TLC Pen Factor Writing Competition 2021:
Spread the Word
1 Year Membership to ‘London Writers’ Network’. Benefits include discounts on workshops, events and masterclasses and networking events. (worth £25)
Royal Society of Literature
1 Year Membership to Royal Society of Literature. Benefits include free attendance to all RSL events, subscription to members magazine and an invitation to RSL’s Summer Party. (worth £50)
1 Year digital subscription to Writing Magazine. (worth £38.99)
1 Arvon at Home Masterclass. Join an Arvon tutor for a two hour masterclass, delivered directly from their own writing desk (or maybe the kitchen table). (worth £35)
x2 Two-hour marketing mentoring sessions with co-founder Yen Ooi, to help you think about your creative vision, and how to approach marketing your book and yourself. (worth £250)
Writers & Artists Yearbook
A copy of the 2021 directory (£25)
Plus one year’s editorial support from TLC, including a full manuscript assessment (worth circa £650), a one-to-one online writer’s surgery (value £160), access to an Industry Day at TLC with a literary agent and editor (value circa £200), and a one-month digital showcase platform for the work.
How to Submit
Full submission guidelines will be issued once you have booked a ticket for Online Writers’ Day. The below is a summary of key points.
- The work entered must be an original, unpublished work of full-length fiction or non-fiction (e.g., travel, memoir, lifestyle), in English.
- Unfortunately we are unable to accept short stories, poetry, picture books, or scripts.
- The work entered cannot have been previously published by a publisher with a curated list (i.e., where the work has been through an editorial selection process). Previously self-published work will be ac-cepted.
- You must be a TLC Online Writers’ Day ticket-holder and able to attend the Online Writers’ Day in order to enter the TLC Pen Factor Writing Competition.
- The judges’ decision re: longlist, shortlist and the overall winner is finaland unfortunately we are not able to enter into discussion or give feed-back.
- There is no cash alternative to the prize suite.
The Submission Deadline for the 2021 Prize is 9am (GMT), February 16th 2021.