What is an Editor One-to-one?
Online one-to-one feedback sessions with a professional editor. Get feedback with a professional Editor One-to-one via Zoom. Face to face, remotely, from anywhere in the world. You can use your session to…
- Brainstorm a new idea
- Troubleshoot a specific issue
- Get a perspective on one aspect of narrative craft
- Find new inspiration
- Get out of a writer’s block
- Stay motivated to keep writing.
What do I get?
- One-hour Zoom meeting with a TLC Reader
- One additional hour’s reading time from your TLC Editor (submit up to 2,500 words of prose or 2-3 poems, plus a one-page synopsis or short summary of your writing project)
- A goal-setting worksheet to help you get the most out of your session
- A goal-setting template to use after your session to help you implement the feedback
- An audio recording of your session
- A discount of 20% off TLC’s industry recognised manuscript assessment service for the writing project you discuss if submitted within 3 months of your session. A discount of 15% off if you submit the writing project you discuss within 6 months of your session.
“I wanted to say how good my TLC Editor One-to-one was. I found my editor thoughtful and fun and extremely skilled. She helped focus my attention on whose story I was telling, which was what I wanted, and inspired me to keep going.”
What does it cost?
The cost for this service is £160 (inclusive of VAT). Our fees include VAT which is applicable to all UK residents. If you are ordinarily resident outside of the UK, there is no VAT payable. The payment portal will automatically calculate your tax rate for you based on your country of residence.
How to apply
You can submit your work, and pay through our secure online portal here. You will need:
* A writing sample of up to 2,500 words of prose fiction or non-fiction (or 2-3 poems)
* A one-page (maximum) synopsis or summary document
You will then be asked to pay the full amount of £160 (this includes VAT). We will be in touch to confirm who your TLC editor will be, and to arrange a timeslot for your session. We will also send you a goal-setting worksheet which we ask you to please fill out and return to us.
We will provide you with a secure login link and password for your session so that you can ‘log in’ at the allocated time. We will send you a recording of your session so that during the surgery, you can really focus on your conversation with your editor.
Please note that it is your responsibility to submit your goal-setting sheet to TLC one week before the session, and to turn up at the allotted time. Sessions are fixed at a maximum one hour. No refunds will be provided for cancellations less than 7 business days in advance of your reserved timeslot, or for no-shows.
Engaging in one-to-one feedback can be a hugely valuable exercise – it is the cornerstone on which TLC’s work with writers is based. Do make the most of it, and we wish you a fruitful and inspiring hour with your editor.